Nursing Program Resources
- Nursing Programs Online
- How can I learn about the best online nursing programs?
- How do I apply for an online nursing program?
- How do online nursing programs work?
- How will an online nursing program help my career?
- Online Nursing PhD Programs
- Top 10 reasons to complete an online nursing program?
- What are the different kinds of online nursing programs?
- What are the most popular online nursing programs?
- Accredited Online Nursing Programs
- Types of Nurses
- Nurse Programs
- Nursing Degree Academic Scholarship
- Online Nursing Programs uses Piwik
Who’s Addicted to the Internet?
June 1, 2010
Internet Addiction is quickly becoming a problematic disorder in today’s technology dependent society. Between 2004 and 2009, the amount of time that Americans spent online increased 117%. And with the integration of social media into everyday life, the numbers will only increase. The symptoms and afflictions of this emerging addiction has the same far-reaching emotional and physical effects on society as other addictions, and is quickly gaining recognition in the medical community. As a responsible and diligent nurse, it is paramount to continue education in emerging and not-yet-emerged disorders to properly diagnose, understand, and relate to patients. The following infographic on Internet Addiction Disorder (IAD) provides raw data on the prevalence of the Internet in daily life as well as outlining the symptoms of addiction.