School Nurse Online: Health Webquests
Schools play an essential role in creating healthy behavior in children. Schools provide students the skills to have a healthy lifestyle. Education programs contribute straight to the student’s ability to develop behaviors that protect their health and to reduce risky behaviors. Web Quests provide a way for students to expand cognitive thinking through research, evaluation, and analysis online in a classroom environment. Students may work alone or in groups to gain knowledge on many different topics of health.
- Fabulous Five: Be a superhero and research the foods in your group.
- The Real Scoop on Tobacco: You will become a tobacco expert and develop an ad or poster to show the dangers of tobacco.
- Design a Game: A physical education Web Quest that has students invent a new game.
- Arthur’s Tooth: Make a poster that identifies teeth.
- Food Quest: Students classify food labels according to the food pyramid.
- TEAM Exercising: Develop an exercise activity for everyone in your class that lasts for 15 minutes.
- Health Adventure: Students create a packet for a camp with nutritional menus and physical activities.
- Human Habitat: A Web Quest of the human body and a development of a human habitat.
- Personal Health: Students research websites and complete a worksheet to access their understanding.
- Health and the Human Body: Create a pamphlet to educate residents of health issues and facilities that can help them.
- Fruit and Vegetables: A short quiz at the end of Web Quest to test your knowledge of fruits and vegetables.
- Physical Changes: Students create a health brochure and display.
- Food is Fuel: 7th grade nutrition WebQuest.
- Eating Disorders: The task is to develop a public service announcement on eating disorders.
- Dangers of Tobacco Use: Paired groups create commercials to show the dangers of smoking for young people.
- Diabetes: Students create an eight-page pamphlet on diabetes.
- Chew the Fat: Students must develop a restaurant/fitness center.
- Alcohol and Other Drugs: Groups research a given drug and complete a worksheet.
- Help a Friend: Students are tasked with creating an eating disorder brochure.
- Fast Food: This quest questions the healthiness of eating constantly at fast food restaurants.
- Food Safety: Students must develop a food safety course.
- Fit Quest: Students must create a fitness program for 3 clients.
- Sexual Harassment: Students research sexual harassment and answer questions to accomplish their tasks.
- Teenage Pregnancy: An intensive Web Quest that will help students understand teen pregnancy and its consequences.
- Fitness Survey: Students learn to determine what they must change to be healthier. They keep food logs and use the body mass index to establish the amount of food to eat.
- Eating Right: Students keep a journal, develop a menu and create a portfolio for eating healthy.
- Diabetes in Teens: Teams of three develop a diabetes health report and educational pamphlet.
- Flaming Onion: Gather information about a food borne illness and then develop an informational poster for employees.
- Substance Abuse: Students create drug informational brochures.
- Drug Unit: Students must develop a letter on how drug abuse affects communities, families and individuals.
- Drinking and Driving: Students are tasked to be lawyer in a DUI case.
- Addiction: Use the Internet to research addiction. Then create a simulated design of substance abuse.
- Antisocial Behavior: Students are tasked with writing a three-page editorial and giving an oral presentation on antisocial behavior.
- Orthopedics: Create a PowerPoint presentation on knee injuries and treatments.
- Nutrition Mission: Go on six missions to help Eugene and Bertha eat healthier.
- Contraception: Students will learn the basics of contraception through a research quiz and survey.
- Exploring the Health System: Students are to evaluate the current healthcare systems.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases: Create a brochure covering designated questions of certain STD’s.
- Personal Fitness: Develop a two-week strength and conditioning program.