Guide to Rat and Mouse Research
Rats and mice have played an essential role in studies and experiments. Laboratory rats and mice have provided a deeper understanding in human genetics and diseases. Since these laboratory animals are mammals they are the most frequent animals in research. They are low-cost, simply to maintain and breed rapidly making them even more prominent in research.
- The Visible Mouse Project: The anatomy, physiology, and histology of the laboratory mouse.
- The Anatomy of the Laboratory Mouse: The skeleton, viscera, and circulatory system of the laboratory mouse.
- The Eye of the Laboratory Mouse: An abstract publication that focuses on the eye of laboratory mouse.
- Atlas of Mouse Brain: A 3D image of the mouse brain.
- The Laboratory Mouse: The anatomy and physiology of the laboratory mouse.
- Rats and Mice: Section nine of the Laboratory Animal Medicine And Science Series II shows the anatomy of the laboratory mouse.
- Rat Genetics: The Rat Genome Project assessment of the link of physiology to the rat genome.
- Wild and Random-bred Laboratory: The article focuses on the exercise physiology of the laboratory house mouse.
- Rat Physiology in Space: The physiology of the laboratory rat in earth’s gravity and space.
- Behavior in Wild and Laboratory Mice: A thesis of emotional reactivity behavioral study of the laboratory mouse.
Regulations and Legal Issues
- Research on Animals Regulations and Ethics: The regulations and ethics to research on animals.
- Mouse in Science: This article explains why mice are used in science and provides a brief description of legislation.
- Changing Public Attitudes: Animal research laws and regulations and the publics thought on animal research.
- Principles: The principles of humane care of laboratory animals.
- Animal Law Research Guide: Regulations, case law, journals, and research guide to animal research.
Technical Guides and Protocols
- Companion Guide: A guide to infectious diseases of the laboratory mouse and rat.
- Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals: The Institute of Laboratory Animal Resources publication on the care and use of all laboratory animals.
- Basic Biomethodology for Laboratory Mice: A guide to ethics of animal treatment in the laboratory.
History of Rodent Research